Forum rules - please read before posting.

Select item in inventory

Hi everyone. I'm making a game with Direct Movement and Context Sensitive Interaction.

I want whenever the player interacts with the hotspot, the inventory will open. After we select the right item, the inventory closes and something like a dialog appears to inform us that we did right.

For example: When the player interacts with the door. The inventory opens. We select the key. The door open.

I tried Inventory: Check Selected but I don't know how to make it keep checking until we select the right item. I don't know coding so I wonder if AC can do it.

Comments

• Scripting might be necessary, but the behaviour you're describing sounds like the "Choose Hotspot Then Interaction" mode.

See the 2D Demo for similar behaviour: when carrying the Worm, clicking either the Tree or the Bird causes the Worm to appear in the Interaction menu that pops-up.

The menu can be restyled to be bigger, show more, and have the Use etc icons removed - but is that essentially what you're going for? If you want to keep a "one-click" interface for other Hotspots, you can check Single 'Use' interaction? in a Hotspot's Inspector to have it emulate "Context Sensitive" mode.

• I think it could work that way. Thanks a lot for the suggestion, Chris!