Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save and Loading Data

Hi Community I am currently struggling a bit with the save and loading of data in AC. I am using AC v1.79.3 and Unity 2022.2.10f. Most of the objects or assets does not load in properly after I have saved the game. On all of the objects or assets I have added the, for example the remember transform, or remember hotspot or what ever I need it for.

1. Voice over and subtitles - The voice overs does not play again after the reload of a scene and the subtitles does not appear as well. Is there a setting I am missing here?
  2. I have journal documents that the player collects, as soon as you reload the game with your safe file the journal is empty is there like a remember document option or something that I am missing here?
    These are the main two issues that I am having currently, I hope that I am making sence here.

Comments

• Voice over and subtitles

Check your Console - if the Subtitles menu has become locked somehow, it'll report so when speech is played.

That wouldn't affect the playing of audio, however - what method are you using for voiceover playback?

journal documents

As with Inventory items, the Player's collection of Documents is saved automatically - you don't need to attach any Remember components for this. Are you checking the Document: Open Action's Add to collection? option, or are you using the Document: Add or remove Action.

You can see all of the raw save-file data in the Save-game file Manager, at the top of the Settings Manager. For a problematic save, select it here, expand the "Data" section and copy/paste the Json data for the Main Data and Player Data sections (via the button underneath) and I'll take a look.

• Hi Chris thank you for your responce.
    1. Voice over and subtitles - AC is playing the VO autamically with the playerID that is generated by AC when I have added the dialog to the game.
    2.** Journal Documents** - As soon as the player picks up the document it opens it, after that it is added to the journal by using the** Document: Add or Remove** action

• AC is playing the VO autamically with the playerID that is generated by AC when I have added the dialog to the game.

I'm asking specifically about the means that audio is played back, i.e. the Reference speech files field in the Speech Manager.

Does the Console reveal any clue?

As soon as the player picks up the document it opens it, after that it is added to the journal by using the** Document: Add or Remove** action

The second Action should not be necessary if the Document: Open Action's Add to collection? option is checked.

I'm presuming you've made a Document menu to store the list of the Player's held Documents - is this appearing empty after the load?

Let's see the contents of the save file as mentioned above.

• Hi Chris here is the json file

{"playerID":-11,"currentScene":9,"currentSceneName":"Level_3_World","previousScene":-1,"previousSceneName":"","openSubScenes":"","openSubSceneNames":"","playerLocX":-8.593632055964307e-11,"playerLocY":-0.13998407125473023,"playerLocZ":98.65882110595703,"playerRotY":181.55897521972657,"playerWalkSpeed":3.0,"playerRunSpeed":5.0,"playerIdleAnim":"","playerWalkAnim":"Speed","playerTalkAnim":"IsTalking","playerRunAnim":"","playerWalkSound":"","playerRunSound":"","playerPortraitGraphic":"","playerSpeechLabel":"Caleb","playerDisplayLineID":280,"playerTargetNode":0,"playerPrevNode":0,"playerPathData":"","playerIsRunning":false,"playerLockedPath":false,"playerLockedPathReversing":false,"playerLockedPathType":0,"playerActivePath":0,"playerPathAffectY":false,"lastPlayerTargetNode":0,"lastPlayerPrevNode":0,"lastPlayerActivePath":0,"playerUpLock":false,"playerDownLock":false,"playerLeftlock":false,"playerRightLock":false,"playerRunLock":0,"playerFreeAimLock":false,"playerIgnoreGravity":false,"playerLockDirection":false,"playerSpriteDirection":"D","playerLockScale":false,"playerSpriteScale":1.0,"playerLockSorting":false,"playerSortingOrder":0,"playerSortingLayer":"","inventoryData":"_MAXSLOTS_0","inCustomCharState":false,"playerLockHotspotHeadTurning":false,"isHeadTurning":false,"headTargetID":0,"headTargetX":0.0,"headTargetY":0.0,"headTargetZ":0.0,"gameCamera":0,"lastNavCamera":0,"lastNavCamera2":0,"mainCameraLocX":-8.593632055964307e-11,"mainCameraLocY":1.556015968322754,"mainCameraLocZ":98.65882110595703,"mainCameraRotX":359.03375244140627,"mainCameraRotY":181.55897521972657,"mainCameraRotZ":8.338817969466561e-10,"isSplitScreen":false,"isTopLeftSplit":false,"splitIsVertical":false,"splitCameraID":0,"splitAmountMain":0.0,"splitAmountOther":0.0,"shakeIntensity":0.0,"shakeDuration":0.0,"shakeEffect":0,"overlayRectX":0.0,"overlayRectY":0.0,"overlayRectWidth":0.0,"overlayRectHeight":0.0,"followSortingMap":false,"customSortingMapID":0,"activeDocumentID":-1,"collectedDocumentData":"","lastOpenDocumentPagesData":"","playerObjectivesData":"","followTargetID":0,"followTargetIsPlayer":false,"followFrequency":0.0,"followDistance":0.0,"followDistanceMax":0.0,"followFaceWhenIdle":false,"followRandomDirection":false,"followAcrossScenes":false,"leftHandIKState":"","rightHandIKState":"","spriteDirectionData":"11110000","leftHandSceneItemConstantID":0,"rightHandSceneItemConstantID":0,"playerScriptData":[],"tempPlayerStart":0,"tempTeleportPlayerStartMethod":0}

• Thanks for the details.

The Json data shows that the list of carried Documents isn't being saved - so the issue lies with the initial saving process, rather than loading.

What of the other details mentioned in my previous reply? Any screenshots you can share that show the process of Documents being added to - and appearing in - a Menu will help clarify the situation.