Forum rules - please read before posting.

Skipping over colliders... but only sometimes

Hello, I've been fixing all problems I had working my way through this plugin by reading over here, but somehow this seems a pretty particular thing that I couldn't find, or didn't know how to look for it. So I decided to post.

Some relevant information first:
I set the game to use direct movement. All my characters have only four directions, with left mirrors right in frame flipping, so in short, their animator has only: Walk_R/L/D/U and Idle_R/L/D/U. No running involved, allways the same speed (6)
Their physics settings are: Ignore gravity and Move with rigidbody 2D. Their rigidbody type is dynamic.

In one scene, the characters drive bikes, and I set 4 colliders in the wheels. Meaning, two very little circle colliders in the part of the bycicle that "touches" the ground.

And to make this work, I added colliders all around the place, so the player would'nt wander away from the scene. All colliders were set to rigidbody type Static.

The problem in question:

If I send the character to go up, or down, while it's facing left (faces right by default, and when going up or down without going to any side, it'll reset to looking right) sometimes, and only sometimes, it will skip the collider barriers I layed out. After a few tries, doing the same, I might be able to get it back inside of the box, so to speak.

I'm completely puzzled by this, and I'm asuming there's something I haven't contemplated well enought, or that I tottaly don't know to begin with. I've been crafting this since last year, and it's the first time I noticed it. I really can't tell if I did something wrong with AC or with Unity.

Comments

• Update: Solved it by making the colliders bigger, or so it seems after many tests so far. I guess I was too burnt out to try that out first, sorry for ringing the alarm for this.