Forum rules - please read before posting.

Game Editor window won't open

Hello, our team just started a new project and implemented the Adventure Creator. We have the problem that the Game Editor window won't open up for me, neither through the Adventure Creator tool menu, nor through the Scriptable Object.
Another team member added the package to unity and shared it over git. On his pc and for other team members everything is working fine. I already tried clrearing the cashe of Unity and installed the version completely new. Initially the other team member ran the "new game wizard" and we thought that could be the problem, but it didn't changed anything when I ran it.
We are working on the Unity version 2022.3.17f1.

Is someone familliar with the problem or knows what could be the problem?

Comments

• edited January 26

Welcome to the community, @Darius0o2.

The Unity Editor window doesn't allow for non-built-in windows to display if a script compilation error exists in your project. Check your Console - are any red error messages appearing?

Otherwise, what is the exact behaviour you're getting when you try to open the Game Editor? Any screenshots you can share will help clarify the issue.

• edited January 26

Thank you for the fast reply @ChrisIceBox .

There are no Errors or Warnings in the console, pressing play also works without problems.

The only thing that happens when I try to use the menu at the top: the menu closes.
    When I double click the ScriptableObject Manager Pack the project loads very short and I get the message "DayDead_ManagerPackage - (8) Managers assigned.", but nothing else happens.

• edited January 26

Thanks for the details.

It sounds like its a case of it being hidden rather than not opening, as you ought to get a NullReferenceException error if the window isn't actually opened.

You can confirm this by opening up AC's AdventureCreator.cs script file and placing the following at the bottom of its Init function (around line 33):

Debug.Log ("Opened AC game editor. Title: " + window.titleContent.text);

Does this message - or an error - show in the Console after double-clicking the Manager Package in the same way?

If so, check the edges of your screen - it may, for some reason - be opening to the side. You can try reverting your Editor's layout back to Default and then re-opening, but ideally you'd test with a fresh AC install in a new project, imported from the Package Manager.

• Okay I found my mistake (the dumbest one I made yet) and the "hidden window"-tip was the one that helped. The window opened, but on my second monitor, which was turned off. I thought windows would recognise that, but it doesn't looks like it...