Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sound on puzzle piece success?

Hello there-

I am using (and loving!) the "Puzzle template: Item arranging" asset, and I need it to do one tiny thing I can't figure out. My game includes a solar panel frame into which players have to drop 9 Tetris-style pieces. It's a wee bit tough for less-observant players to tell if the pieces are precisely in place, so I was hoping to add a sound when each piece is where it needs to be. Essentially, they would need to hear all 9 sounds before the "OnComplete" action gets triggered.

I don't know anything about scripting, so if that is the solution, I will need some very specific instruction 😬; however, I'm hoping (and assuming) it's some component or setting I'm just overlooking.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Ann
Unity 2022.3.0f1
AC 1.79.3

Comments

• A "slot" Hotspot's "Unhandled inventory" interaction is run when using an item on it.

This is required to be defined, but is normally left blank, as the script handles the interaction itself - but you can add regular Actions e.g. Sound: Play one-shot to it to add additional responses.

• Hi there-

Ah, thank you! Now it seems that the sound plays when the piece is placed anywhere on its corresponding hotspot; is there a way to only have it play when the piece has been precisely placed?

• A piece will be placed in a slot so long as you click the Hotspot - the position isn't accounted for, and the piece will be moved to the same position when dropped.

If you don't drop the piece on a slot, it'll remain where it was - you can make the Hotspots smaller if you want the Player to be more precise.