Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player toggle for display subtitles forever

I could not easily find anything in the scripting guide for this, but I would like to add a toggle into the game options for the player to decide if dialogue advances automatically or if they need to skip the lines for the dialogue to advance. I am sure there is a way to do this so the option is remembered by the game after restart and is a toggle in the GUI. Any quick tips on where to get started?

Comments

• My gut is to make a global variable that is saved in the Options data and sync it with the desired state of the KickStarter.speechManager.displayForever

• Did this implementation and it works fine. Albeit I needed to add a script that checks and sets this state at game launch. Which feels a bit like a hack.

• That's essentially it - an Options-linked variable that updates the Manager option is the way to go.

You could call the "start game" code via the "ActionList when start game" asset so that it works regardless of which scene you start from, but the technique itself is correct.

• Superb. I feel like I am starting to get the hang of Adventure Creator scripting after years and years of hacking it!