Forum rules - please read before posting.

Jump Height disparity moving vs. standing still

I am using Direct Control and Mecanim animation without root motion. I've noticed that I am able to jump normally when standing still, however when walking I barely jump at all. The actual physics object is barely moving off of the ground when jumping while walking. Is there a global setting or something obvious I might be missing?

Here is a video capture of the issue ->

Comments

• I can't recreate such behaviour - what are the rest of your Player's Inspector values/components?

If you're using a Rigidbody + Capsule Collider combination, is there any difference if you replace both with a single Character Controller?

If you can PM me a .unitypackage of the Player prefab, animation/model assets, and your game's Managers, I'll take a look.

• Thank you for pointing me down an optional path. I will check the Character Controller alternative and let you know if I have success.

• @ChrisIceBox Thank you for your guidance. The Character Controller component was the answer. Jumping works beautifully in any state now.