Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issues with Hotspot in Centre of Camera

Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue regarding hotspots.

In the image attached, you can see the location where hotspots do not show as interactive when in gameplay - and where they do.

It appears to be only those in the centre and slightly further away (other hotspots further away, but on the edge works fine). Moving these hotspots closer to the camera makes them interactive again.

I've checked:

• Moving the hotspots to different locations to ensure they can work - they do.
  • Made sure that there are no colliders in the way
  • Checked the raycast length and tried various options here, and it doesn't have any effect in making the hotspots work in those locations.

Hoping it's something super simple that I'm just overlooking.

Thanks,

-Andrew

Comments

• edited December 2023

What are your AC/Unity versions, and are you using "Mouse Over" Hotspot detection?

It sounds like you've already made the right checks. With this mode, Hotspots need the following requirements to be interactive:

• Distance from the camera needs to be less than the "Hotspot ray length"
    • No Colliders on the Default layer in between them and the Camera
    • Their "Limit to camera" field is set to the active camera, or left empty
    • No Menus are covering that portion of the screen

If you swap the two tables on the left (i.e. the working and non-working Hotspots), do they also swap their interactivity?

Regarding the camera: is your AC MainCamera the one that's performing the rendering? AC will rely on the MainCamera for raycasting, so you'll need to make sure these two are one and the same (though this should be the case by default).

• Thanks for the reply, Chris, and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

It turns out there was a box collider on a pane of glass that was causing only these objects to not get picked up.

The clues about the camera position helped me figure it out, thank you so much for a quick response!