Forum rules - please read before posting.

Automatically skipping actionlists via C# variables

Ok, essentially I am implementing accessibility settings into my game, and I am wanting to add a setting to disable screen shake. The variables for these settings are held in a custom C# script. Is there a way I can set the screenshake action to automatically skip or disable when my screenshake variable is set to false?

AC version is 1.78.4
Unity version is 2021.3.1f1

Comments

• While you could modify the existing Camera: Shake script, I'd advise against it as you'd need to apply the same change after updating AC.

The best way to handle this is to move the Action to a new ActionList, precede it with a Variable: Check Action (so that the shaking only occurs if the variable has the correct value), and then replace all of your existing Camera: Shake Actions with an ActionList: Run Action that runs the asset.

You can get a list of all existing instances of the Camera: Shake Action by selecting this Action type within the Actions Manager and clicking Find references from its side-menu.

If you want to vary the values of the shake each time (e.g. intensity, or duration), create a Float parameter in the new ActionList asset and use it to override the field in the Camera: Shake Action. You can then set that parameter field in each ActionList: Run Action that calls it.