Forum rules - please read before posting.

Follow player, after move to point, PROBLEM

edited November 2023 in Technical Q&A

Hi!
My NPC moves slowly and wierdly when i use the character follow player
after the NPC has been moving along points.

**VIDEO of the problem. **
https://imgur.com/kXiKyzy

Any idea why ? O.o
//Maltel71

Comments

• Is the NPC's "Player following" movement correct if you don't run the OnStart Actions?

It looks like there's a conflict between the two ActionLists, that are both competing for control over the NPC.

At the start of your Trigger, before the Character: NPC follow Action, add an ActionList: Kill Action to kill the OnStart cutscene - so that the NPC is no longer recieving commands to move to Markers at the same time.

• I tried you tips but it didnt work, So i tried moving the character outside on the map and then it worked.

SOLUTION: i needed to re-bake my navmesh :expressionless:

But you also reminded me that i maybe shouldent have all the things that i want to start directly when i hit play in ONE OnStart actionscript, so i separated them into different ones. Altough i dont know how to make the duplicates to run when i press play so i start them with the original OnStart actionscript and Actionlist - Run - "desired actionscript"

Thank you for the help!

• You don't need to route all starting logic through the OnStart cutscene.

As an alternative, you can attach the ActionList Starter component to your ActionList, and check Run on scene start?.

• Oooh, thats super handy!
    keeping things tidy.

Thanks! @ChrisIceBox