Forum rules - please read before posting.

Litlle question about stackable items

Hi, i tried to search in the forum without luck. I'm using drang and drop system to use inventory items on hotspots. i have a stackable item (coins) and would like to drag and drop a quantity of coins that player chose on target, but do not know how to do it. I tried All, single and stack as option but last two choices make no difference, always one will be selected. What's the best practice to achieve this result? Should create a custom UI menu with input and an associated variable for quantity?
Thanks

Comments

• "Stack" works by increasing the count each time the item is clicked - so it's not compatible with drag-and-drop.

You can affect the quantity through script - by calling the selected item instance's AddStack function:

AC.KickStarter.runtimeInventory.SelectedInstance.AddStack ();

• Thanks. But actually i'm really e newbie and would not know how to do it :(

• What's the exact behaviour you're aiming for?

• I did it like this: Created a UI menu with input field that stores the chosen number in a variable (the quantity of coins is related to a quiz) then removed the quantity with the proper action list command. Luckily is a fixed number (the correct answer) so did not have to use a variable (and a script to do it)

• I'm not clear on how you'd have an input field work with drag-and-drop inventory - do you need it like this? I'd imagine an easier way would be to use e.g. the mouse scrollwheel to increase/decrease the stack once the player holds the mouse over an item to select it.

• Will be an Android game for children. When i drop coins on npc, a menu with input field appear. You choose amount, and only one option is correct, so i do not need fortunately turther programming :D