Forum rules - please read before posting.

"Simulate Input" in action list with new unity input manager

edited November 2023 in Technical Q&A

I can't for the life of me get an input to simulate. Is it because I'm using the new unity input manager? The controls and inputs are all working as expect. But I can't get a simulated press to happen. https://imgur.com/liYRUMA

Comments

• edited November 2023

I reverted back to before I started using the new input system and the simulate inputs are working. Is this something difficult to implement in the new input system or maybe just a setting or something I need to check or do? I've had no luck digging around for hours.

• Apologies for the trouble. I've looked into this - it's indeed a bug.

I'll sort an official fix for the next release, but you should be able to apply a "quick hack" by opening AC's PlayerInput script, looking for the InputGetButtonDown function (around line 1871), and moving the following code block from the bottom to the top:

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty (menuButtonInput) && menuButtonInput == axis && menuInput == SimulateInputType.Button)
    {
        if (menuButtonValue > 0f)
        {
            //ResetClick ();
            StopSimulatingInput (); 
            return true;
        }

StopSimulatingInput ();
    }

• Awesome that's working! I'm still having trouble having it simulating from a script as well. Just figured I'd mention it to you. Thanks again

• What's your script?

• It was me. It's good. 👍