Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't get 3 Cursor interactions to fire correctly in live play mode - Examine, Talk To, Use

Hello there, I was wondering if somebody could help please. I'm currently bringing an old point-and-click flash adventure back from the grave and rebuilding it in AC.

However, an odd issue that I hope can be easy to remedy. When I come to play the game, the right click on the mouse is not allow for the the functions of Look at, Talk to, or use to work correctly. Also, the system cursor is ever present behind the default round cursor in AC. Is there something I have failed to set or ticked that is causing a conflict?

If it is useful information. This is the first persin 2D game ( gamette ) I'm working on.

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• What are your AC/Unity versions, and what is the exact behaviour that you're expecting but not getting?

If you're looking to have the right-click cycle through the various modes, you'll want to set your Interaction method to Choose Interaction Then Hotspot, and then check Cycle Interactions with right-click? in the Cursor Manager.

If these are both already the case, share screenshots of both these Managers, and I'll try to spot what's wrong.

Also, the system cursor is ever present behind the default round cursor in AC. Is there something I have failed to set or ticked that is causing a conflict?

Is this in builds, or only the Editor? The Cursor Manager's Always show system cursor in Editor? option is used to display the system cursor while in the Editor, but it should be hidden in builds. If it's showing in builds, check that there aren't any other assets in your project that may be showing it.

If you set your Cursor rendering to Hardware, however, then the system cursor will be used instead of the Software overlay - you may find that gives you better results.

• Hello Chris,

Thank you for your help. AC was up to date and running on the latest version of Unity.

It was a setting that was missed in the Cursor manager. Basically failed to tick the box.

I will need to check the ever-present system cursor.

Under Cursor manager it was >> **Cycle Interaction With Right Click **