Forum rules - please read before posting.

Button has no response when dialogues are playing

Hi Chris,

I would like to press button when dialogues are playing but I can't make it, pls help.
To test, I set up a new project, new AC game, and in a new scene, when scene start, I turn on a AC menu with a AC button (the menu is already allow "clickable in cutscene") and then play 6 dialogues to test. In speech setting, I also enable "disable subtitle until skip".

And the result is when cursor over the button, button can be highlighted and play hover sound. And if clicking the button, only the dialogue can be skipped but the button's action list can't be played when dialogue is still present. After all the dialogues are pressed and no subtitle anymore, the button's action list works now. But I would like the button works when dialogues are still playing, is it possible? Pls help, thanks.

AC version 1.78.4
Unity version 2022.3.9f1

Comments

• If you use the "Adventure Creator" source option, then speech input will take precendence.

Does your Menu rely on Unity UI as its Source? That should allow speech input to occur alongside Menu input.