Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspots not responding after camera switch

Hi! Noob question, is there any kind of relation between cameras and hotspots? I'm using a trigger to switch the camera when entering a certain area, but when it does, hotspots located there are no longer responsive.

What can I be missing here?

Comments

• Edit: I found out that it's not that the hotspots stop working, looks like something to do with the distance to the camera (or angle perhaps?).

Does it make any sense?

• The Settings Manager's Hotspot ray length value determines how far from the camera Hotspots can be detected with the cursor.

Hotspots will also be undetected if there is a collider on the Default layer in front of them.

• Thanks, I did try changing the Hotspot ray length, also checked for colliders in front and tried different camera positions. It's erratic, sometimes it kind of works and sometimes it doesn't.

I'll record a video recreating the issue.

• Hotspots will also be undetected if there is a collider on the Default layer in front of them

I totally forgot that the latest changes I made were related to audio, so now all my scene resides inside a big sphere collider belonging to a Wwise ambience sound effect. It was set to the 'default' layer, so I switched it to 'ignore raycast' and hotspots work perfect now.

It's erratic, sometimes it kind of works and sometimes it doesn't.

Hotspots where erratically being detected depending on specific camera positions so it made it all really confusing to detect what was the actual issue.

Once again, thank you Chris!