Forum rules - please read before posting.

Detect double click for certain hotspots

I'm working on a specific mini puzzle (2D) within my project. For this puzzle, I'd like to show different sequences of ActionList based on whether the player does a single click or a double click. (It's worth noting that this double click mechanism is just for this particular puzzle, not a recurring game mechanic.) I'm utilizing Global Variables, and my ActionLists are saved as assets.

I came across the following line of script and tried incorporating it with the Object: Send Message action:

if (AC.KickStarter.playerInput.GetMouseState() == MouseState.DoubleClick)

However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement this correctly. Any guidance or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Comments

• GetMouseState is used to initiate the Hotspot interaction - but by the time the Interaction is running, and the Action is run, it's no longer valid.

However, the PlayerInput script has a dedicated LastClickWasDouble function that can be used to check if Player just double-clicked.

This can be incorporated into a custom Action to re-route your list accordingly:

using UnityEngine;

namespace AC
    {

[System.Serializable]
        public class ActionCheckDoubleClick : ActionCheck
        {

public override ActionCategory Category { get { return ActionCategory.Input; }}
            public override string Title { get { return "Check double-click"; }}

public override bool CheckCondition ()
            {
                return KickStarter.playerInput.LastClickWasDouble ();
            }

}

}

• I can't thank you enough, Chris! It works perfectly! I really appreciate your time.