Forum rules - please read before posting.

transition from the beginning cutscene scene to the game

edited September 2023 in Technical Q&A

Hello, I want to ask how I can go from a cutscene at the beginning to the game to the scene in which the player is playing.
The cinematic scene at the beginning is a black background with texts and there is no player or anything else. Note that the scene in which the player starts playing is a separate scene from the cutscene, so how do I make a transition and let the game start as soon as the cutscene ends?

Comments

• If the cinematic scene is built using an ActionList, you can end the list with a Scene: Switch Action to switch to the gameplay scene.

• I did what you told me, it works, but I have a problem, which is that when I move the mouse, there is something like moving behind the black screen, as if the player can be controlled. I do not want there to be control of the player during the cutscene.

• You can prevent regular Player movement using the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable the Movement system - just be sure to re-enable it again once the scene ends.