Forum rules - please read before posting.

EndCutscene before running an actionlist?

This is the case in my game: the player is chased by a dog with a trigger that will run a cutscene, so I hope when that tirgger hits the player, all currently running dialogues should be forced to stop and then start to run that trigger.

So... I should add an EndCutscene script to that trigger and make it run first, then let the trigger cutscene run after it, right? I'm not good at coding, can you help me? Or is there any easier way to achieve it?

(Seems the stop speech action doesn't help, it can only stop 1 speech, but I have a long dialogue chain.)

Comments

• Are the dialogues dynamic, or fixed?

If you know exactly which cutscenes you wish to end, a series of ActionList: Kill Action can be used to end them.

• edited September 2023

If you know exactly which cutscenes you wish to end, a series of ActionList: Kill Action can be used to end them.

@ChrisIceBox The combo ActionList: Kill and Dialogue: Stop Speech works nicely.

The trigger doesn't run when it hits the character if someone is speaking. Does it mean the dialogues are fixed?
    I hope the trigger can interrupt the dialogue. Any ideas...?

• Is gameplay blocked when the character speaks?

By default, a Trigger will only react collisions that occur during gameplay. You can alter this by setting its Reacts field to During Cutscenes And Gameplay.

Alternatively, you can prevent the character speech from blocking gameplay by setting its ActionList's When running field to Run In Background.

• You can alter this by setting its Reacts field to During Cutscenes And Gameplay.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I want! :D