Forum rules - please read before posting.

Locking Inventory while it is still active?

Hi. Is there a way to disable all Inventory buttons while it is still open? I want to prevent the player from doing anything with the inventory while I show them something while the inventory is open. Then give them back control of the inventory while it is still open. I haven't found a proper way to do this. Is there an action or line of code that accomplishes this?

Comments

• edited September 2023

What is the Menu's Appear type set to? If you make the "show them something" sequence a cutscene, and the Menu is shown during this time, then it should be non-interactive unless you check the Clickable in cutscenes? option.

You can adjust the Menu's Ignore input? property at runtime through script - right-click its label to get an API reference to it, which you can then use in a custom script function that can be invoked with the Object: Call event Action.

See this tutorial for a guided explanation on this technique.

Alternatively, if your Menu uses Unity UI, you can attach a Canvas Group high up enough in the prefab's Hierarchy such that your Buttons are all children of it - and then control its Is Interactable property either through script or animation.

• You can adjust the Menu's Ignore input? property at runtime through script

That worked partially. I can't press the buttons but they're still being highlighted when hovering over them. A hover item is still being assigned. Is there a way to make it so that it ignores that as well?

• Try the Canvas approach I mentioned as an alternative. You can uncheck "Is Interactable" manually in the Inspector to test quickly.