Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hyperdrive Inn by Horsefly Games

Hello!

My name is Juho from Horsefly Games, and we're using Adventure Creator to develop Hyperdrive Inn. The game features graphics made entirely out of scanned fabric samples and a soundtrack that takes heavy influences from Finnish folk music.

The game is designed to be completed several times, and for each playthrough the game will offer entirely new experience. Hyperdrive Inn is scheduled for release in October 2024. I received an arts grant for the project from Finnish Cultural Foundation, so for the first time I can develop a game within the office hours!

Check out the teaser below!

IHyperdrive Inn Teaser

I'm also posting weekly devlogs on my YouTube channell, so if you're interested tagging along for the ride, please consider subscribing for the channel.

The Steam page is also open, so if you like to add the game to your wishlist, you can do it here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2561260/Hyperdrive_Inn/

Comments

• edited September 2023

Congrats on the grant, looks great!

Interesting to read about the random content aspect - is that involving custom scripting?

• Thanks mate! And thank you for this amazing asset! This is my third game that uses Adventure Creator.

The randomization used in the game does not involve custom scripting, everything is done with AC. We have a pool of different scenes which are divided into different slots depending on progression. For each playthrough the player gets to complete a set of levels that are randomly selected. So basically we have a ton of handmade content which is connected to each other in different ways as the player progresses.

• Hey everybody! Today we reached a pretty important milestone, as we released a demo of Hyperdrive Inn on Steam :smile:

Go check it out and give it a go!