Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to dismiss the Video Player after it has finished playing it's clip

In my action list, I have dialogue, then an "Engine | Play movie clip" that waits until finish, then an "Engine |
Play movie clip Stop Movie" and then more dialogue. Only once the movie clip has been played, the background to the dialogue will forever be the last frame of the movie. Is there a smooth way to end this? I'm currently just setting Object | Visibility to invisible for the video canvas, which works but seems perhaps suboptimal.

Comments

• What are your AC/Unity versions?

You shouldn't need additional Actions to end the movie - a single Engine: Play movie clip Action, with Wait until finish? checked, and Hold last frame? unchecked, should be enough.

The exact behaviour you get when the clip ends, however, depends on the Video Player component's Inspector.

You mention a "video canvas" - are you playing the Video on a Render Texture / Material that's rendered in a Canvas object, or is the "Render Mode" set to "Camera Near Plane" so that it renders to the camera directly?