Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu Element Tint Changes

Hello there!

I am completely stumped. I am making my third game and have encountered an issue I haven't seen before. I want to create a menu that acts as a telephone keypad. I have created the menu and applied the standard background according to my organization's UI/UX kit, but when I add the graphic texture (the phone) as an element, the tint of that particular texture changes - it becomes lighter. I have checked my source (Illustrator) for any transparencies or blend settings that might be causing it, but that's not it. No matter what image I try to use in there, even textures from my previous games, it does the same thing. Here is a preview of what I'm getting:

I've obviously messed up some setting somewhere... but I have not idea what else to look at. Can anybody help?

Unity - 2022.3.5f1
AC - v1.77.3

Thank you-

Ann

Comments

• It's less to do with the original file, and more with the way Unity is rendering it.

In the texture's Inspector, try toggling the sRGB (Color Texture) option.

Otherwise, you may need to switch your Menu's Source to Unity Ui Prefab and rely on a UI Image component to render it instead. The "Adventure Creator" Source option relies on Unity's legacy ImGUI system, which doesn't offer as much control over the way textures are rendered.