Forum rules - please read before posting.

Items being crafted automatically

Hi! How are you? I'm having the following issue... when I place the ingredients and the recipe criteria is met, the resulting item gets created automatically even if I don't press the button "create". Am I missing something here?

And also... for some reason, if I then click on the resulting item, the ingredients I used disappear from my inventory.

I would really appreciate some help with this!

Comments

• the resulting item gets created automatically even if I don't press the button "create".

Make sure that Result is automatic? is unchecked in the Receipe's properties panel.

if I then click on the resulting item, the ingredients I used disappear from my inventory.

Clicking the resulting item causes the ingredients to be used up - them being removed to create the item is by design.

• Thank you Crhis, I forgot there was another for configuring how the crafting menu works!

Clicking the resulting item causes the ingredients to be used up - them being removed to create the item is by design.

I see now, which brings me the next question, if I don't click the resulting item, ingredients won't be used up and won't dissapear.. is there any way to set this up so they do get consumed when crafting?

• edited September 2023

Items are always consumed when crafting, but only at the point the player adds the resulting item to their Inventory. Before then, the Output box is more of a "preview" of what you'll get.

• I might be doing something wrong... I can craft new items and keep the ingredients involved + the resulting item. The only way to consume the ingredients is by clicking again on the resulting item.

I recorded a short video to show what I mean:

https://youtu.be/QFE612791bk

• Thanks for the video. Odd - you shouldn't be getting that behaviour. The resulting item should only be appearing in the "Output" box - not both there and the Inventory simultaneously.

What does the Recipe's properties box look like, and does this occur if you temporarily switch your Menu Manager asset file to "Default_MenuManager"? You can switch asset from the top of the Game window.

• Thanks again for your time.

I made another video, changing the Menu Manager to "Default_MenuManager" and it still behaves the same way. I also opened the recipe tab so you could see the setup.

• Looks like this is because you've defined an ActionList on create asset that runs an Inventory: Add or remove Action to manually add the resulting item to the Player's Inventory.

This item will be separate to the resulting item - effectively giving you two.

Unassign this asset from the "ActionList on create" field, and the item should appear in the Inventory when intended.

• Perfect, that solved it!

So by default, no action list was needed there at the first place.

Thanks, you're the best.