Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory: Property to Parameter

Hello!

So I have a current workflow that I'm using in many different actionlists:

• Inventory: Property to Variable
  • Variable: Pop Up switch
  • ActionList: Check parameter (typically multiple times (i.e., if/then/else))

As a practical example, I'm comparing each new inventory item to see if the player has an inventory item that it requires (such as a tool that requires a certain ability or container).

While this is workable as is, it means that I have a large number of explicit repetitive actions in explicit actionlists when more could be abstracted. It seems like there might or could be a more economical way, such as converting an inventory Property directly to an actionlist Parameter and allowing for a Parameter switch. Comparing inventory properties directly could also be useful.

Categories have proven quite powerful and a huge time saver, but I'm already utilizing them for other needs. I suppose allowing for multiple categories per item could help out here as well, but that kind of addition leads into some pretty major considerations and may go beyond the spirit of what's intended with AC.

Any thoughts on if there's a more efficient process?

Thank you!

Comments

• You can convert an Inventory property to an ActionList parameter by first converting it to a Variable, and then using the ActionList: Set parameter Action for the Variable -> Parameter conversion.

It's also possible to both convert properties, and compare them directly, through a custom Action. I can advise more on this, but the situation sound quite specific so I'd need more detail about how it would need to work.