Forum rules - please read before posting.

CPU vs GPU

I have sent a build of my demo over to a couple of people to check it out and both said that it is running very hard on their GPU, maxed out actually :( Does anyone know if there is something I am missing, or maybe something I messed with at some point in the project settings? Or is this normal for a Unity/AC game? Thanks

Comments

• edited September 2023

Did you optimize your Game in any way, or give settings to adjust the Graphics?

Is your Game using high quality Art Assets and Graphics, with the Settings cranked up?
    Because that will for sure have a high utilization.

Unity doesn't do that automatically for you. And if this doesn't help it's probably heavy Textures, and other graphics that are the culprits. You can also check the Performance with the Profiler Tool

First you could try limiting the Framerate, so you know it's not just that, because otherwise it will run at max framerate.
    Take this script and attach it to an Object in the Scene that you are testing.

using UnityEngine;
    public class LimitFPS : MonoBehaviour
    {
    void Start()
    {
    QualitySettings.vSyncCount = 0;
    // Limit the framerate to 30
    Application.targetFrameRate = 30;
    }
    }

• If the GPU is involved, it may be more related to rendering than AC.

See Unity's docs for general advice when it comes to optimising your graphics, but Unity's Profiler is the first stop when it comes to debugging frame-rate issues.

If you run this with Deep Profile enabled, are you seeing spikes? If so, what shows up underneath when selected?

• Hi sorry I haven't been on here for quite a while and forgot I even asked this, thank you for the replies, the culprit was particle effects! :/