Forum rules - please read before posting.

Item Crafting UI tutorial?

Hi! How are you all? So, I want to create an UI for crafting items. The player is going to be able to pick different items in the game and then mix them to create different items. Is there any kind of tutorial out there that explains how to do this? I've been looking for a while but I haven't found any so far...

Comments

• Setting up crafting involves going to the Inventory Manager's Crafting tab and defining Recipes.

Details can be found in the Manual's "Crafting" chapter, and a tutorial can be found here.

To perform crafting in-game, you need to provide the player with a crafting menu - i.e. a Menu that consists of two Crafting elements (one to show the ingredients, one to show the result), that the player can drop their items onto.

The default interface, created by the New Game Wizard, includes a Crafting menu that you can use as a basis for your own - it's often easier to modify an existing menu than create one from scratch. If your Menu Manager doesn't have one, you can temporarily set your Menu Manager's Asset file field to Default_MenuManager to copy its Crafting menu, then paste it into your own Menu Manager.

• Thank you Chris, and sorry for making such basic questions. I'm a student working on my final University project so I have lots of questions.
    I'll try some more stuff before asking again!