Forum rules - please read before posting.

Additional objectives to display

I've make use of the Objectives menu to manage active and completed objectives, but would like to create another menu to display hints. The way I figured to do this is bycreating a menu that looks like the Objectives menu and with an Objectives Inventory Box type, but instead of displaying "Active Only" or "Complete Only", creating another category called "Hints Only". Then I can create these hints through the Inventory manager and setting the state to "Hints" at the same time the corresponding Objective is activated.

I know how to create Objective States in the Inventory Manager, but these states do not appear in the "Objectives to display" dropdown (Menu creation - Inventory box - Objectives type). Is it possible to add additional menu states to this dropdown, I presume this would involve modifying some script?

Thanks

Comments

• You can't filter by other state types, but you can filter by category.

From v1.78.0, it's now possible to assign Inventory Categories to Objectives, so another approach may be to create separate "Hint" Objectives that's linked to the original - perhaps through scripting.

If you can elaborate with details/screenshots on exactly how you'd like the system to work, I can try to give more specific advice.

• Thanks, but found a workaround. Since it's not possible to fail an objective in my game, I just repurposed the Failed Only state for my hint system.