Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity Ui menu interactivity issues

edited August 2023 in Technical Q&A
I'm having a problem with a few menus I have where if I switch from one to another, the one being switched to become completely inactive.

So for example, I have 2 Unity Ui prefab menu called "Computer Main" and "Computer Mail Screen".
When I switch from a Bedroom scene to a Computer scene, "Computer Main" is turned on through the scene's on start cutscene.
There's a button on "Computer Main" that turns the menu off and turns on "Computer Mail Screen".
When I click the button, It works as it should, "Computer main" gets turned off and "Computer Mail Screen" gets turned on. What's wrong is that none of the buttons on "Computer Mail Screen" are interactable when it gets turned on.

The same works on the reverse. If I change the onstart curscene to turn on "Computer Mail Screen" instead of "Computer main", all the buttons on it work fine but then if I click on a button that turns off " Computer Mail Screen" and turns on "Computer Main", none of the buttons on Computer main would be interactable when the switch happens.

The only things in these buttons action lists are simple menu turn offs and turn ons

Also for some reason, the opacity of the buttons on the of the menu being switched to changes for some reason. So for example on " Computer Mail Screen" the exit button becomes way more transparent when it's switched on by "Computer Main" but if I start the scene with the menu turned on by default, it retains it's original transparency

Comments

• What is your AC version, and when did these issues begin?

An issue related to UI interactivity was introduced in v1.78.1 - a fix for this will be out shortly.

• I'm currently on Version 1.78.1 so yes that might be the same issue. This is the first time I'm encountering it
  • OK. Let's revisit this after the update if it persists.

• Just updated to 1.78.2 and there has been no change. The issues stilll persist
  • Nevermind! Turns out it didn't actually update the first time I tried but now it has and the issue is now fixed!