Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adding pages to Display Existing Journal

I'm trying to create a diary by displaying two journals at once (an open book with both pages written on). From this forum I gathered that I need to use the Display Existing Journal type, so I set up two Display Existing Journal elements, each referencing the other. Just to confirm, my journal only has the following elements: The diary background, 2 Display Existing Journal types and 2 buttons to scroll between pages.

I'm not sure if this is the correct way to do this, the first page looks as intended, but I'm struggling to add further pages to the diary. I've tried adding pages to the Display Existing Journal elements by using an action list, but if I click the scroll button during runtime nothing happens. I'm also not sure if the Offset Journal Button type can reference Display Existing Journal elements. I would appreciate some advice on the correct way to set up a diary to display multiple journals, how to add pages to the two journals and how to reference the buttons to scroll between pages.

Thanks

Comments

• Only one of the elements should be set to Display Existing Journal - the first should be set to New Journal.

This first journal element (the "main" one) is the one to reference in Actions and offset buttons - the second is independent and is used to display the same journal, with a page offset of 1.

• Thanks, I think I get it now. So only the "main" journal's pages are displayed (page 1 & 2 next to each other)?

• It's the source of the page text, yes - the second element won't store any page data / text of its own.