Forum rules - please read before posting.

Big error 9 Verbs Template

edited August 2023 in Technical Q&A

Hello, I'm using the 9 verbs template found on this site, but something horribly wrong when I try to combine something from the inventory with anything else. Give and use on anything like hotspot or NPC makes the game crash.
Error msg:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.ScummInterface.OnHotspotInteract (AC.Hotspot hotspot, AC.Button button) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Downloads/Nine verbs template/Scripts/ScummInterface.cs:131)
AC.EventManager.Call_OnInteractHotspot (AC.Hotspot hotspot, AC.Button button) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/EventManager.cs:406)
AC.PlayerInteraction.ClickButton (AC.InteractionType _interactionType, System.Int32 selectedCursorID, AC.InvInstance selectedInvInstance, AC.Hotspot clickedHotspot) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:1053)
AC.PlayerInteraction.HandleInteraction () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:816)
AC.PlayerInteraction.ContextSensitiveClick () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:618)
AC.PlayerInteraction.HandleInteractionMenu () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:206)
AC.PlayerInteraction.UpdateInteraction () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerInteraction.cs:133)
AC.StateHandler.Update () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:213)

I tried to update the template to the newest version, but then the game doesn't work anymore. So I had to downgrade it back to the old version. Maybe that upgrade/downgrade was the initial problem.

Unity: 2020.3.29f1
AC: v1.75.0
9 Verbs: 20.11.2017

Comments

• The latest version on the Downloads page requires the latest version of AC.

If the error above is from the older version, copy/paste the script below and I'll try to spot the issue. Otherwise, you'd need to update all.