Forum rules - please read before posting.

Timer issue

edited August 2023 in Technical Q&A

See attached screen shot of the ActionLists and TImer diagram.

From my example, the ActionList works up to "A" and I believe I have the call to the Timer in "B" set up correctly. If that is correct, then when Timer "C" runs for 5 'clicks' it should then run ActionList "D"...but it never calls the ActionList "D"

I tested it with "Only run during gameplay" checked and unchecked.

I believe I have it set up correctly, but for some reason it doesn't work.

Unity version: 2021.3.21f1
AC version: 1.77.4a

https://imgur.com/TnAmRaP

Comments

• Use Action comments to help debug what's going on.

Comments can be enabled from an Action's cog menu. Write a comment for each of the Actions involved, and then enable their display in the Console window via the bottom of the Settings Manager - this should help to indicate what's being run and when.

Though, if you're simply trying to delay the hiding of the Menu element for 5 seconds, an Engine: Wait Action can handle this without the need for a Timer.

• edited August 2023

Thanks for the information about enabling Comments...I did not know that. This helped track the process of the ActionList .

As for the issue, I found that running the ActionList as noted above, on the first time I press the "Play" button, everything runs as it should. However, on any more attempts, the ActonList runs B , but fails to run C (as referenced in the above image). I'm not sure if it is trying to re-start the Timer on the second or other attempts of pressing Play .

If I restart Unity , again it works the first time, but not afterwards??

Is the Timer variable being cached somewhere (or a way to clear it)?

I have used Engine:Wait before and understand it. I was just wanting to try/experiment with more of AC's features.

Hope that made since and thanks again for such great support of a wonderful asset.

• I upgraded to AC 1.78.1 and still have the same results.

• edited August 2023

It works on the first run and on a full build, so it's not imperative to resolve this.

• When you say "on any more attempts", does that involve exiting/entering Play mode, or simply re-running the original ActionList?

• Sorry for that....it involves exiting/re-entering Play mode

• Recreated, thanks - I'll issue a fix in v1.78.2.

• You're the best...