Forum rules - please read before posting.

After updating to the latest version, documents UI freezes when using unity UI

This happens with the built in UI prefabs as well. Maybe a little bug got slipped in! Chris if you are unable to reproduce the bug, I can zip and send over my game files.

Comments

• This is a game breaking bug. I do not get any errors that would hint me at a solution. The unity UI is simply unresponsive, with all buttons disabled and the only way to exit the document UI is to exit play mode.

• Oh, I found a bug I could reproduce! The documents Ui works just fine, but the issue is when is when I swap between 2 different UI's using a tab system I made the UI now goes unresponsive. I need to see what is causing this. so it is an issue that came up with the AC update, but only for me when changing from UI to another with a button. I will investigate further.

• if I add a delay in between these 2 UIs switching, they work just fine.

• I can work around this, but it might be a bug.

• Oh, there is one legitimate bug I found though! The already read color for the documents does not update for the Unity Ui before you open / close the panel. Not sure if this is because the game is paused while the UI is open?

• edited August 2023

Apologies for the trouble, but I will need more detail in order to resolve the issue.

What version were you previously using, and what are the exact steps needed to recreate the original issue you're reporting? If possible, by all means PM me files that I can use to examine the issue myself.

• I was using the latest version at the time. It seems that I should have maybe used the crossfade function of going from menu to menu, I am using a custom actionlist with turn off menu and turn on menu.