Forum rules - please read before posting.

add sound object problem

Hi Chris,

I would like to add some objects with audio source and sound script attached to the scene. So the sound volume can be controlled in options. In the scene, after 1 second, a sound object will be added to the scene by actionlist in start cutscene. It plays a sound clip in loop on awake. When I set the sound volume to zero in options. The sound volume played from the object is also zero. It is fine.

I stop the run. And play it again. The sound object also spawned in the scene after 1 second. But the sound volume from the object is greater than 0. I check the sound volume in options, it is zero, but I can still hear the sound from the object. If I slide the voulme to 0 again. It works again, the sound volume from the object becomes zero again.

So, for the object which will be spawned in the scene later, their sound volume cannot be controlled in options sound volume bar? Can their volume also be controlled in optons. Pls help. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• What's your AC version?

Volume levels from spawned "Sound" components should sync up with the game's Options, but you'll need to rely on the Sound component to play any audio: using the AudioSource's Play On Awake option will bypass the syncing.