Forum rules - please read before posting.

The evolution of my game Heist

edited July 2023 in Games showcase

I first created this game back in 1985 on a Commodore VIC-20...38 years later, and after a couple of other designs, I am remaking it using Adventure Creator. Still in the early stages, but its coming along nicely due to the ease of AC.

Comments

• Interesting watch, nice to see how the same concept can evolve in such ways through development.

It's also interesting to see how AC is used for games that aren't "traditional" adventures that it's made in mind for. Are you relying on much custom scripting for the stealth aspect?

• edited July 2023

For my current version, using AC, I do not think I have written a single C# script. ActionLists have been carrying the load and doing what I need accomplished. I've been able to progress through the development of this version much faster due to the ease of use of AC and what it can do. AC handles so much of the workload allowing me more time to think of the gameplay. Thank you for taking the time to watch it.