Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person Camera Drops When In Play Mode

Hi helpful folks,

Everything looks great before I press play - but as soon as I do, the first-person camera drops to the floor!

I don't have a rigid body or collider attached to the Player. Ignore Gravity is checked, too - so it shouldn't be slumping my camera down. I have it working in other scenes with a similar hierarchical setup.

Here is an image: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao0wpnUazsOah7d50Hug7exttHlqAQ?e=CtDpiZ

Thanks,

Ryan

Comments

• edited July 2023

What's different in the other Scenes, that it works there?
    Is it the same, when you put the MainCamera outside of the Prefab?

The AC MainCamera "takes over" whatever Player Camera you have, so you don't have to put it on to the Player.

Could you add how the Cameras are placed in the Scene, and how your Player Setup looks?

• Thanks for the swift reply! Much appreciated.

It is the same when I move the Main Camera out of the Prefab.

Here is a before and after view: https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao0wpnUazsOah7d-uAJv6MXduB2MPA?e=c1XCto

• Welcome to the community, @ryangjheath.

As the First Person Camera is parented to your Player, check that its not the Player itself that's dropping down. Or is the Player remaining in the correct place?

If the Player is correct, lets see what your First Person Camera's full Inspector looks like. Otherwise, let's see the Player's instead.

A quick aside: your PlayerStart, too, should not be within the Player's Hierarchy. This is a Marker for where the Player should appear, so will need to be in the scene independently of the Player itself.

• Thanks, Chris - I'll have access to the scene this weekend, so I'll share some screenshots you've requested then. Even though my scenes are quite janky and convoluted (my own fault), I'm loving AC so far!

• @ChrisIceBox You've solved the issue; my hierarchy was all over the place - now I've rearranged based on your recommendations it is working perfectly. Thanks a bunch.