Forum rules - please read before posting.

Prevent moving outside of the navmesh

Hi there,

Is there a way to prevent the player character from moving outside the navmesh?

I'm currently using the Point and Click movement method for my 2D game. In one scene, there's a floor sprite at the bottom of the screen equipped with a navmesh. My player character initially spawns on a windowsill sprite that doesn't have a navmesh. If I click anywhere on a wall, the player character starts walking downwards towards the floor sprite.
I placed CollisionCube2D on the wall around the windowsill sprite, but unfortunately, it didn't bring about any changes.

I tried placing a CollisionCube2D on the wall surrounding the windowsill sprite, but it didn't bring about any changes.

I'd appreciate any guidance on how to address this issue. Thanks in advance.

<Interface/Movement settings & NavMesh2D Inspector>
https://imgur.com/a/rkaF2Ff

Comments

• When using Point And Click movement, the Player will always try to move on the NavMesh.

If they aren't on it, they'll assume this is a mistake and will attempt to get back on it.

If you want the Player to temporarily be prevented from moving, you can use the Player: Constrain to disable their Movement ability.

• Thank you so much!