Forum rules - please read before posting.

Rogo Lipsync

Im using Rogo lipsync, the latest one and have the lipsync asset files setup correct.

I know how to set up voice clips as I have the voices working fine. However, Im having issues with rogo lipsync working as the lips dont move but the audio plays. One thing I noticed is if i turn off the shapeable component on the face object which has the blendshapes, the lipsync works. But as long as the shapeable component is on, the lipsync doesnt work.

Im using adventure creator 1.74.2

Thanks

Comments

• If you're using Blendshapes to animate the lipsyncing with Rogo, then there'll be a conflict with the Shapeable - since both are vying for control over the shapes.

It'd be best to stick to one or the other, but you could feasibly make use of a custom script that disables the Shapeable component while that character is speaking:

using UnityEngine;
    public class AutoSetShapeable : MonoBehaviour
    {

public AC.Char character;
        public AC.Shapeable shapeable;

public void Update () { shapeable.enabled = !character.isTalking; }

}

• Alright, thanks but I'm not sure if this worked. I've run into another issue.

I have voice clips along with rogo .asset lipsync files, they have the same name and are correctly named according to the speech manager.

When Im playing, I always hear the voices but the lipsync, sometimes they work, other times they don't work. I don't know why. I have tested the rogo lipsync .asset files using the inspector and I know they work with my character.

When I use the speech manager window to locate the lines for the voice and .asset files, it locates the voice clips but the lipsync asset files, even though they are named correctly and are even next to the voice clips, it doesn't find them.

I'm very sure they are there and named correctly.

• You've specified your lip-sync method as "Rogo Lip Sync" and set the Scripting Define Symbol?

the lipsync, sometimes they work, other times they don't work.

Is there a consistency between lines that work vs those that don't, or does the same line sometimes work and sometimes not work?

Are the lines that don't work also those that can't be located in the Speech Manager?

How are you referencing your audio files? By naming convention? As a test, try switching over to "By Direct Reference" and assign the audio/lipsync assets for a problematic line - does it work then?

• I have specified as rogo lipsync and set the scripting define symbol. Like i said, some of the lines work with both audio and lipsync, others dont work.

I don't think there's a consistency. I gather all the speech and text, then I name the files accordingly.

The lines that dont work, I hear the voices but lipsync doesnt work. It can locate the audio files but not the lipsync files.

Direct reference works. I hear the voice and lipsync works when I add them manually with direct reference.

• To be clear: is it always the same lines that don't work?

It sounds like an issue with them not being discoverable in Resources. Check that their filenames aren't shared with any other asset, and that they're in the same Resources folder as the others.