Forum rules - please read before posting.

Parameters in Inventory "use" actionlist.

Hi all,

Hope you are doing well.

Just had a quick question -- is it possible to pass in parameters for the "use" actionlist for inventory items under the "Inventory" tab in the AC Game editor?

I was hoping to replace the default / none "use" actionlist with a custom actionlist that selects the inventory item if a variable is true, and if not, the character just says some dialogue.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• You can use Actions to set another asset's parameters, but not within the Inventory Manager - you would need to have set the Use interaction to a separate ActionList that uses the ActionList: Run Action to run the custom ActionList, setting the parameter at that time.

However, the default behaviour of "using" an item that has no Interaction assigned should be to select it - though the exact behaviour does depend on your interaction settings. If you can share screenshots of your Settings Manager and the ActionLists involved, I'll see if it's possible to simplify things.

• Got it, thank you so much!

I found a specific work around for what I was aiming to do (switch between two inventories depending on what scene the player is in), but I shall attach a screenshot of the area I was looking at just in case it might be of use!

Link to screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15cHHEAqRvuMZfjyTkbNRUJxmDrTMbDah/view?usp=drive_link