Forum rules - please read before posting.

Saving "Packages" to Reuse in New Games

Hello there! :-)

Super newb here again with a question I know is probably loaded with difficulty in translating down to my level. I have successfully created my first game and am ready to start on the next one. I'm pretty happy with one of the menus I made in the first game and would like to use the same "shell" for the new game. Is there a way to "package" that first menu up and bring it into my new game? And if so, can you please explain it in really easy terms??

Unity 2022.3.0f1
AC 1.77.1

Comments

• AC keeps a record of your game's Menus inside its Menu Manager.

Each Manager is an asset file, listed at the top of each Manager's tab. If you click on it, you'll see the file "pinged" in the Project window.

You can export this file into a .unitypackge file from Unity's "Export package" button in the toolbar - details can be found here.

You will, however, also need to include any graphical assets that your Menu uses. This includes textures, fonts, and - if your Menu uses Unity UI as its Source - the Linked Canvas prefab.