Forum rules - please read before posting.

cursor lock not working

Hey there!

I'm working on a first person game, and suddenly my cursor lock stopped working. I can see the AC cursor center-screen, and I'm looking around correctly, but my mouse cursor isn't locked--just moves all over the place, outside the game window, etc. This was great until the other day and I didn't actively change any AC settings in the meantime. I did add a playmaker-driven flashlight to the player prefab, simple toggle active/inactive functionality. But when I removed that FSM to test, I get the same issue.

I'm working on Unity 2021.3.6 and AC 1.75.5 (Chris, I know you fixed a draggables bug for me and I still haven't updated to the new version to appreciate it...embarrassed!).

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• How are you rendering the cursor, and is this occuring in builds, or just the Editor?

The Cursor Manager's Lock system cursor when locking AC cursor? and Always show system cursor in Editor? control the behaviour of the system cursor (which will be separate to the AC cursor if using Software rendering). What are these currently set to?

AC locks the system cursor with calls to Unity's Cursor.visible property. This can be interfered with by another asset, however. Check that Playmaker isn't affecting it as well.

• I'm using software rendering for the cursor (the default, I believe). I have Lock system cursor when locking AC cursor true and Always show system cursor in Editor set to false.

Good question about builds vs editor. I need to test that (I have some unrelated script errors I need to work through first), but I'll say that until last week it worked fine in editor. I'm not sure what I would have done to break it.

I also don't know of anything in particular that would have changed recently with Playmaker and the cursor. And other ideas off the top of your head that might have broken this?

• I don't recall the exact field name, but Playmaker does have its own cursor-locking feature - it may be the cause, as the Cursor Manager options should cause the cursor to become locked.

• Ah, that was it! Unchecking this checkbox fixed it.

https://imgur.com/a/tEjIAwP