Forum rules - please read before posting.

Click texture for buttons on AC Menus

Hi there,

I am using a click texture for my buttons on my AC Menus. As of now, how it works is : when I click on the button it shows the click texture briefly, runs a transition and then it disappears again, back to the background texture. Not sure if this is the expected way of working for click texture?
What I would like is to click in a button and then have the click texture showing while the button is pressed (until a click another button), then when I click another button it should go back to the background texture.

Thanks in advance!
alacamda

Comments

• For AC-sourced Menus, yes - that's the intended behaviour of the click texture.

The behaviour you're describing is that of Unity UI - which AC can rely on by setting the Menu's Source to Unity Ui Prefab. When using Unity UI, you can set a UI Button component's Highlighted Color to your intended appearance - and it'll remain that way until you click something else.

Each of the default Menus has a Unity UI counterpart that should kick in automatically after switching its Source. If you're working with new or modified Menus, you can learn about the process of linking Menus with Unity UI from this tutorial, or from the Manual's "Unity UI menus" chapter.