Forum rules - please read before posting.

Using expressions delay with dialogue not working, any ideas?

So I have my spine anims and expressions through spine to play within speech dialogue, however, the spine expression does not work after dialogue when there is speech audio attached to the speech. Is there a way to make the wait expression work when there is audio dialogue? I've uploaded the timers manager script and videos showing how it works when there is no audio dialogue for the speech:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aZpd28bM_f8LV45oxm_kKOtUN_RunVXv?usp=share_link

THANKS

Comments

• I'm not clear on what it should be looking like because the two lines aren't showing the same speech text. For a proper comparison, set the non-working speech text to match the working one.

• How are you updating the character's animation based on the expression? I'll need to see screenshots of the way the two are linked.

Also, open up AC's Char.cs and look for the first of two SetExpression functions:

public void SetExpression (int ID)

(Around line 3865 in the latest release)

Just inside the function, copy/paste:

if (this == KickStarter.player) Debug.Log ("Set expression: " + ID);

This will print instructions to change the Player's expression to the Console. What is the difference in logs when running the two lines, and what are the messages in full?