Forum rules - please read before posting.

Show All Hotspots - 2.5D

I'm going crazy to fix this.
Unfortunately I am weak in programming.

I use CHTI for most hostpots and the icon without label for "single Interaction" hotspot (i.e walking for scene change).

I would like to use an input key to show all hotspots: the icon for "single interaction" and the labels (and eventually a standart icon, like a star)for the others.

Is there a way to do this??
Most graphic adventures use this technique.

Comments

• edited May 2023

The "FlashHotspots" input, if defined in Unity's Input Manager, can be used to highlight / show icons for all Hotspots in the scene.

For it to take effect, your Hotspots must have a Highlight component assigned. The Highlight component is typically used to brighten a Hotspot's mesh when selected - but you can prevent this by unchecking its Auto-brighten materials when enabled? option.

To have Hotspot icons show, configure settings in the Settings Manager's "Hotspot settings" panel - you can specify whether a single texture is shown for all, or if each Hotspot's first-defined "Use" interaction icon is shown instead.

This behaviour can be tweaked through script - for example, this script allows for Hotspots to remain highlighted while the input is held down:

https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Hold_input_to_flash_Hotspots

I can assist with more specific advice about further tweaking, but see if the above default functionality works for you first so that we can compare how things vs how you want them.