Forum rules - please read before posting.

Show/Hide Inventory

Hi, I'm currently working on a project where I want to tailor the interactions of the inventory system to match the default AC inventory system, but with one twist – it should only appear when a specific button is clicked.

And also, I want this inventory system to be inactive until the player collects a particular item, such as a bag. Conceptually, this bag would act as the inventory itself, and upon acquiring it, the player would then have access to the inventory system.

I came across this thread (https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/3619/hide-show-inventory) and attempted to follow the guidance offered, but I'm having difficulty comprehending step #4, where it says "Create a new ActionList and assign it to this invisible menu's ActionList when turn off field."

Could someone please provide some more detailed explanation on this process? Specifically, how do I go about assigning a new Action to a Unity UI Prefab in this context?

Thank you very much for your help.

Comments

• Inside the Menu Manager, selecting a Menu will reveal its properties. Among these are two ActionList asset fields:

• ActionList when turn on
    • ActionList when turn off

Assigning an ActionList asset into these fields will cause that asset to run when the Menu turns on, and off, respectively.

To create and assign an ActionList in one go, click the "+" icon to the right of either of these fields.

• Can't believe I missed it. Thank you so much!