Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interaction menu works in playmode as intended but not in the build

Hi!
I have a custom interaction menu and "Show Interactions with:" is set to "Click on hotspot". Everything works fine in play mode, but when I make a build, it doesn't work. It's like the hotspot is selected (I checked the OnEnableInteractionMenus event) and then immediately deselected. It's not the same in every scene, some work as intended in the build.

But if I set "See Interactions with:" to "Cursor over Hotspot" everything works in playmode and in the build.

Thanks!

Comments

• What's the exact behaviour that occurs - that the Menu fails to turn on, or turns on and then off immediately?

What are your AC/Unity versions, and what platform are you building to?

Is there a discernible difference between scenes that work vs those that don't? Try creating a fresh scene with just a Cube for a Hotspot - how does that behave?

If possible, you can try getting a stacktrace log from the build by placing a Debug.Log statement inside the Hotspot script's Deselect function. If the Hotspot is becoming de-selected, that should kick in so that we can see how.

• Sorry, that was my mistake. Everything works fine.