Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interactive inventory item

Suppose I have a door with a lock that enlarges when clicked. Furthermore, once this lock is enlarged, it becomes interactive, allowing for actions like setting a combination to unlock it. How should I approach the scene setup to make this work efficiently? Should I create a separate scene for the enlarged, interactive lock, or is it more efficient to manage everything within a single scene? Any guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• It depends on the finer details about how its presented.

Is it enlarging by itself (i.e. a magic lock), or is it getting bigger on account of the camera zooming in? Is it 2D or 3D, and is the enlargement animated?

Typically speaking, you wouldn't make it a separate scene - but you may wish to split the smaller / enlarged locks into two separate Hotspots so that you can more easily manage its differing click behaviour.

• Thank you so much for your swift feedback. It's incredibly valuable to receive guidance from an expert.
    The setup is 2D and the interaction works as follows:
    1 The player clicks an item in the inventory.
    2 The clicked item then fills the entire screen, showcasing its details. This way, players can easily check out what kind of locks it has and etc.
    3 At this point, the player can interact with the lock, for example, by pressing a button to unlock it.
    Given your advice, I believe the ideal solution would be to create a separate, smaller & magnified version of the item and transition it from a different position, or alternatively toggle its set active on and off.