Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu slider question(s?)

edited May 2023 in Technical Q&A

In my project I have the cursor disabled (theme related) with movement and menus directly controlled only by keyboard -- cursor is set to locked and invisible at all times.

It works perfectly outside of one area: the audio option menus. Using the keyboard to set audio levels is far too sensitive (goes from 0 to 100 with one push). The "Number of steps" option appears to be exactly what should fix this, but when set [to 10] the in-game bar no longer moves at all, nor audio levels change.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how the "Number of steps" function works... is there something I should be doing differently? It does work fine when cursor is turned on, just not when under keyboard control.

Here's the slider settings, used on essentially the base default AC menu system:

Comments

• Can't recreate an issue on my end - could you share the properties of your Input Manager's "Horizontal" input?

Also, open up AC's MenuSlider.cs, and replace the two instances of 0.02f with Time.unscaledDeltaTime - does that improve behaviour?

• Ah! Thank you, you've saved me once again.

So, the change in code absolutely slowed down the slider to a reasonable speed. For my usage, I'd consider that fixed!

As for the 'Number of steps' aspect that persists, I can still provide you with more information if you'd like, but I'd consider my issue Case Closed thanks to the aforementioned change. (Though, I'd wager it's some conflict between my different settings.)