Forum rules - please read before posting.

Changing inventory hotspot text location

Hi guys

Is there a way to change where the tooltip text is shown when hovering over an item in the inventory? Currently it appears in the centre of the item, according to the hotspot text setting. This works fine for objects in game, but in the inventory I want the text to appear in a set location relative to the inventory bar.

Here's what I see.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Gd5i_SHmOVb-x7Wqy6QghLJmvBxw504/view?usp=sharing

Olly

Comments

• Is your Inventory menu turned on when the player chooses to access it, or is it shown at all times?

Typically this'd be done by creating a separate Hotspot menu with a different "Position type" setting, locking it by default, and unlocking it when the Inventory menu turns on.

If the Inventory menu is on-screen at all times, you'd instead need to rely either on a custom script to detect if the mouse is now over the menu (and so should switch Hotspot menu), or create an invisible Menu that spans the Inventory menu, set to appear "Mouse Over", and then handle the switching in its "ActionList when turn on/off" fields.