Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trouble skipping cutscenes

edited May 2023 in Technical Q&A

I'm having some trouble when skipping a long cutscene with lots of "ActionList: Run in Parallel" sequences. I'm trying to narrow it down to the simplest test case using the 2D demo, and this is what I've found.

I have a test cutscene called SkipTest which runs on scene start, and it's set to Pause Gameplay and Is Skippable.

I have a 2 second wait at the start of the ActionList, to give me time to hit the skip key (Tab).

And I have a global boolean variable "SkipTest", which I'm using to test if set variable action is being run when I skip the cutscene.

With this configuration it works fine. If I skip the cutscene during the initial Engine:Wait, then all actions are run and the SkipTest variable is set to True.

However, it seems if I add any other action before the Variable:Set then that new action gets run, but the Variable:Set does not, e.g.

Here, the Object:Visibility runs when skipping (during the Engine:Wait), but the Variable:Set does not run.

Any idea why this is happening?

Unity: 2021.3.17f1
AC: 1.77.1

Comments