Forum rules - please read before posting.

Show Hotspot label only when interaction icons are showing

Hi

I'd like to have the hotspot label show whilst the interaction icons are showing, and be linked such that the icons and label appear at the same time, and disappear at the same time.

At the moment the hotspot label and the interaction icons are seperate and it's possible to move the mouse such that the hotspot label disappears (when you move the mouse from the hotspot) but the icons remain.

Is that possible?

I can't see a Appear Type of "With Icons" or similar.

Olly

Comments

• You are already able to add a hotspot label to a menu with an "On interaction" appear type. Make sure the "Update if string is empty?" label property is unchecked (or else moving the cursor away from the hotspot while the interaction is still active will remove the text, even if the menu and label are still visible).

This hotspot label can either be added to your current interaction menu or to an entire new menu. You can have two menus with the same appear type if you want. This will depend on how you want them to look, i.e. if you want the interaction menu and the hotspot label to always be in the same position relative to each other, you can put them in the same menu. But if the hotspot label's position is "manual" and the interaction menu's position is "on hotspot", for example, then you are allowed to put them in two separate menus with the same appear type.

• Thanks. That works for showing, but now the label doesn't disappear and remains on screen when the icons disappear.

Any ideas?

• Hm, strange. The label should disappear if the appear type is "On interaction". I even tested this out in my own project, and it worked here. Maybe show us a screenshot or video of your UI, and also of their settings?

• When you mention icons, are you referring to icons displayed via the "Hotspot settings" panel in the Settings Manager, the cursor, or Interaction elements displayed in a Menu?

Screenshots that show how things appear in-game, as well as your Manager settings, will help clarify the situation.

• How can I post images here? Only seems to allow me post a URL. Feel like I'm missing something obvious, sorry.

• You need to upload them somewhere (I use imgur) and then enter the image url here.